Partners and senior associates at large law firms are expected to manage junior associates and others at the firm to complete major projects. With little training or guidance, managing others can be extremely challenging.
WE CAN HELP
Our instructors will help participants acquire the skills they need to effectively manage junior associates, paralegals, and secretaries. In our class, they will learn to:
- Adjust their style to effectively coach others
- Speak and gesture with open, approachable body language
- Apply important listening skills
- Ask appropriate questions to uncover problems and collaborate on solutions
- Reference notes effectively during important meetings
- Use proven formats for delegating, performance feedback, and coaching.
HOW WE WORK
This is not a lecture course! Participants will spend most of their class time in coached exercises and videotaped role plays. They will learn by doing.
OUR UNIQUE FOLLOW-UP
A few weeks after the workshop, each participant will receive a personalized video. The digital video will include their final taped presentation edited to include additional coaching from their instructor.
The class is typically a half day in length, and accommodates up to 12 participants.